Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A Happy Event

In spite of feeling like my legs had NO response when it was time to go fast in the pool, burying my head in the jar of peanut butter, and encountering the same difficult passage over and over (and over!) again in Mahler, there were some pretty beautiful moments during my day...

The most wonderful of them all, though?

Watching my friends reunite with their spouses after a 7-month deployment. Words seem so inadequate at a time like this....so I won't even try. But seeing this, makes me grateful for Nathaniel, our military service members, and all the special people in my life.

Welcome Home ADVON!


Gee...it makes me want to go hug Nathaniel- More importantly....this picture makes me smile, makes me feel happy, and reaffirms my faith in Happily Ever After.

18 comments:

Beth said...

What an awesome homecoming! And you got the perfect photo Marit. Happily ever after indeed. :)

ADC said...

Oh Marit, this made my cry. I keep imagining in my head what it will be like when Shaun finally gets back home. And that is such a great photo. Wish you were here taking photos x

D said...

:)

runningyankee said...

you're right. no words. thanks for sharing.

Kim said...

choking up at my desk. beautiful.

Kim said...

So very cool. Glad to see they made it come safe!

Laura said...

What a wonderful moment to capture. Hugs Marit!!

GoBigGreen said...

Soon my friend. SOON. Your patience is admirable, and Mahler and Peanut butter and long pool sets distract you i know. Hang in there:)

Gina said...

Your courage is more and admirable. Congrats. My mom is a cancer survivor, I know how hard it can be. But youare a very optimistic person, you love life above all.

chris mcpeake said...

NIce to see people making it home safe

Anonymous said...

Hey, I can't view your site properly within Opera, I actually hope you look into fixing this.

Alili said...

GREAT picture. :)

Teresa said...

This picture says so much!! Beautiful indeed!

tn

Mary said...

Nope, no words at all. Those types of pics always make me cry!

Anonymous said...

urgeglild
[url=http://healthplusrx.com/measles]measles[/url]
Eryclecobre

Heidi Austin, PT, DPT said...

so thankful for our service men :) tell nathaniel happy veterans day and thank you !!

Velma said...

I just wanted to drop a note to say how much I enjoyed the article in triathlete magazine. Such an appropriate story for Vetran's Day

Florence said...


I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!