Thursday, December 25, 2008

Happy Christmas!

Happy Christmas to all! And Happy Holidays in general!!

Wishing you and your loved ones a great holiday season! Nathaniel and I are spending this season together in San Diego, minus the extended family and snow. Though we fiercely miss our family and friends, we're thinking about them, and wishing them Happy Holidays and LOVE from the both of us.

Quotes from our Christmas (just in case you were wondering):

"Oh look! The tree is STILL up! It's a Christmas miracle!"

Nope, the kitties did not knock it over. So far.

"MORE tools!" (In reference to Nathaniel getting a tool box and MORE tools for Christmas). I swear, I have NEVER seen anyone get so excited about a metric wrench set.

"I LOVE Baclava!"

Upon seeing a plate of the stuff from my Mom...

(4 hours later...)

"I don't think I ever want to eat Baclava again..."

"Oh great! We're drinking before 9 am! Getting a head start on the rest of our guests for Christmas dinner!"

In my defense, it was the Champagne breakfast. Let's face it: how often do we indulge like this?

And I'm sure there will be many more memories in the making... Christmas is only 9+ hours old... We've still got the entire day ahead of us.

To my friends and family: I love you all. Thank you for an incredible year; your love and support will be forever remembered.

Now I'm off to make a Rum Cake. Dessert, Marit-style! Hope that wherever you are, you're surrounded by love and doing what you enjoy the most!

Happy Christmas!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS Marit!!! I don't know if I will be able to make it to San Diego, but I REALLY want to! I will keep you posted on my trip status :-) My boss is in San Diego as well as Corporate HQ for the company I work for, so I am hoping I can maybe tie in some stuff with my trip, but we will see! Have a VERY Merry Christmas and I hope the weather isn't as ugly for you as it is for us here :-( Good thing next week is supposed to be SUPER DUPER sunny and beautiful!!!

Charisa said...

Merry XMAS! :)

Mary Eggers said...

Merry Christmas Sister! I miss you so much!

Kellye Mills said...

I LOVE bacalava! Send the leftovers this way! :) And there is nothing wrong with drinking before 9 on Christmas morning. I hope you and Nathaniel have a wonderful Christmas and I can't WAIT to see you in March!!

m said...

Merry Christmas! Enjoy the nice San Diego weather.

Chad Holderbaum said...

Merry Christmas Marit! Wishing you and your family (especially the house monster) a great holiday season!

Kim said...

Sounds like you had a great Christmas! I like the Champange breakfast idea! How cool is that! I will email you today or tomorrow about questions/comments...lack of planning with my bike so now it has to go on the plane with me.. etc. Talk soon!!

Jennifer Cunnane said...

I hope you had a great xmas! My tummy is getting upset just reading about all the sweets and champagne!

Mer! said...

That rum cake sounded delicious!!! We're headed out to Montana from the 1st -5th...when I get back, we need to get a date on the calendar for dinner or something for us and the boys!!!
Hugs!!!