Thursday, May 6, 2010

It was so beautiful...

...That I just couldn't help myself. While driving home from the post office (Mother's Day "stuff" - mailed...phew!), I got the itch to take a few pictures. I had already experienced a fantastic run (where I regretted not carrying my camera) along the coast earlier in the day, and with one glance at the sparkling blue waters - I was sold.

Thirty minutes later, I was coasting home, in effort to prepare for the next round of concerts. Britten's "War Requiem" calls. I won't lie - its a bit, um, grim (as most War Requiems tend to be). But I needed to get those tricky passages under control, lest I play the wrong notes. Again. Luckily, for this concert - there are so many different parts and various players, so that my own interpretive notes won't be as apparent.

But let's not think about that... imagine yourself on a beach... somewhere in Southern California...

(((dream-like music...most likely harp)))

Carlsbad beaches
Waiting for the train.Even though my Dad doesn't live here, I'm pretty certain he knows the daily schedule.

Doesn't that water look tempting?You still won't get me in there. Teeming with, well - you know.

Coastal Highway and Power Plant
Couldn't have said it better than this:
I just had to stop the car... Cliffs from Carlsbad looking to Encinitas
I swear - the wind blew the exact moment the shutter clicked.
On days like these, I'm really happy to be living out here...
Back in the car, headed home...And bike lanes everywhere. Another reason why I love living out here.

Speaking of bike lanes...wow...this hill just keeps going and going and going. And going.Yes - my unexpected detour from yesterday. The easy part.

Flower Carpet.
Trees on El Camino Real.
Succulents! They are SUCH interesting plants!For Nathaniel - whose odd fascination continues to grow (just like the succulents).

Light, CA traffic.
And later on...(because pictures are fun)...

Bison Stir Fry...mmmmmAnd I can promise that Nathaniel was happy because there was NO TOFU in sight.

Dos Amigos for Dos Amigos?Perfect!

11 comments:

San said...

Sounds like you had a fantastic day. Ah, Sunshine and ocean, would love to have that now too. But no such luck. Rain, cold, no ocean in sight.

Love the pictures. Have a fantastic weekend and I cross my fingers for your timing and hitting the right notes in concert.

ADC said...

Great photos. I was actually picturing being in CA :(

Trigirlpink said...

Sharks? Really M??? That part of the ocean where your at is known for sharks??? No open water swimming in there??????

Did I just read... RUN??? You are running again?? That is great news.

Nice pics. You live in a great spot. Mer is gonna have a rude awaking I'm afraid. It's so different here.

Aimee said...

Those pictures are beautiful! Thanks for sharing them!

Lisa Eirene said...

Beautiful pictures! I could spend endless days on that beach!

Maria said...

Great pictures, love the glamor self portrait shot, very Vogue!

Bob Mitera said...

Marit... after seeing those shots, I REALLY want the job I interviewed for in SD!

Beth said...

LOVE the pictures - it's just so beautiful there!! Can't wait to visit sometime... :)

Charisa said...

Great pics!! :) Glad you're back at a bit of training - hope to see you at the pool soon - you can help me with these awful long swims I've been up to :)

Alili said...

Beautiful pictures - it looks so fresh and clean there. :)

jennabul said...

Beautiful pictures. I do love San Diego...and no May Grey for you either that day. And yeah...that ocean has Sharks, Jellyfish...well that's all I need to know to stay out of it too...