Monday, December 10, 2007

Home EXHAUSTION

We're back!

What a quick trip up to Minnesota - it felt like we just left yesterday.

Nathaniel is asleep in bed, staying up just long enough to watch his favorite TV Show "The Soup", but now has succumbed to our early wake-up time.

Yep - we got up at 4:15 am this morning to catch our 6:10 flight. Good times.

Luckily Mom and Dad were really great about the early morning departure, and were extremely helpful about the early morning wake up call. Dad even made coffee! And Mom packed us a very special lunch! Sweet!

It's amazing how much traveling can wear you out. Well, that and staying up chatting with your Mom until 11:30 pm... but I really enjoyed our conversation, and cherish those moments always.

So, scattered is the name of the game tonight.

We arrived back at Pensacola around 12:50, were home by 1:15, and I was asleep by 1:30. Tabbitha, being the good girl she always is (wink wink, nudge nudge), was very happy to have us back. She curled up next to me and refused to leave my side.

Around 5:00, Nathaniel woke me up, concerned that 1)I get my workouts in and 2)I would be able to sleep tonight. What a great guy! I didn't realize how long I had been asleep, but obviously my body needed it. But I was really happy that he woke me up - he knows me so well!

I got in my bike and run, ate a scattered and late dinner of veggies that my Mom had so carefully packed, scrambled eggs, and oatmeal, and am now getting ready for bed. I feel all out of sorts. Discombobulated.

Weird - because we didn't even cross any time zones.

I guess that's just what happens when you sleep for 2 or 3 or 4 hours at a stretch.

As for my writing, nothing break through, nothing out of the ordinary - just a simple message about sleep.

It's important! So get enough of it! And make sure that you get it ALL IN ONE STRETCH!

Tomorrow it'll be better. Nathaniel will head back to class, and I'll be able to get back into my regular routine of training and doing my own thing.

I love going home, seeing my parents, visiting with friends - but it certainly throws a monkey wrench into training plans. My family was very understanding about my training, and did their best to support me - for which I'm grateful.

But I can feel my lack of sleep hitting me again. The bed is calling my name: the soft covers and plush pillows are beckoning me, and I want to fall into the warm embrace of sleep, the comfort of dreams, and snuggle next to Nathaniel.

I'm looking forward to updating my picture of the week and quote, catching up on the house stuff, and setting up the Christmas decorations. But it'll all have to wait.

The bed is calling my name. Well, that and my current read. I may even be able to get in a chapter or two before I succumb to exhaustion. Yet again.

Sweet Dreams!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Marit,

This is Kevin. I just came across your blog. It is great to see that you and Nathaniel are well. Great job on your season. WOW!

Marit C-L said...

Hi Kevin,

Thanks! Hope that SC is well - and all the training! A big hearty Ooh-Rah to you and your family.