Sunday, April 13, 2008

Hooray for Leslie!

Hooray for Leslie!

My friend and training buddy from Camp HTFU, Leslie Curley, just crossed the finish line at Ironman Arizona. 12:06 - way to go Leslie! I am SO PROUD of you!!!!

I could tell it was her (and not because the announcer called her name), but because of the beautiful and HUGE grin across her face as she bounded across the line, hands raised triumphantly in the air.

Leslie: Congratulations - YOU ARE AN IRONMAN! We all knew you could do it, and were thinking about you ALL day - from our long rides, the runs that we went on together, and the swims in our camp suits... it was meant to be. Way to go, friend! I cried for you today, sent you all of my good vibes and love - you are a true inspiration, a wonderful friend, and now an Ironman. Love to you!

If I could jump up and down, I would. But I can't - as that would be against doctor's orders.

So I'm not.

But I raise my hands in joy, a smile across my face reflecting Leslie's own pearley whites. It's been an emotional rollercoaster of a day, and I didn't even race!

Phew - this spectating thing on Ironman Live is tough! Holy Cow!!

Great job to everyone, athletes, spectators, volunteers, organizers at Arizona. Congratulations!

AND LESLIE - YOU ARE AWESOME!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you, I was glued to my computer ALL DAY! If I wasn't getting updates I was texting Marni. Way to go Leslie-I was hollering all the way from Iowa. How about my home boy TJ Tollekson?!

Today is a big day for you, isn't it Marit? Swimming today?!