Sunday, March 2, 2008

Sunday and more...

Greetings from Camp HTFU.

Qick update as we're still not "officially" connected on-line (thanks Ashley's neighbor's internet connection!)... and everyone else but me is in the midst of packing.

Today was great - we're still waiting to swim (Long Course Meters - Jen's favorite!). Liz, Ashley, and Leslie were hoping that some of Greenville's quaint shops would be open Sunday afternoon (and therefore we could "get out of the swim"), as Coach Jen likes to shop (sticky fingers, remember?)... but alas they're not. So we've still got one final Camp HTFU workout on our agenda.

This morning it was an epic run for me. It was all I could do to hang with speedy Liz "Prancer" Fedofsky and Ashley "Work Horse" Long. They literally flew up the hills, while me, myself, my camelback, and my baggie (wich included a camera, salt tabs, 3 GUs, and an ID card - can we say overpacker???) tried desperately to keep up. These girls flew up Paris Mountain - wow. Luckily me and my 10 extra pounds of gear managed to catch up on the downhills.

Everyone had a blast - the scenery was beautiful and I'm having a really hard time getting ready to leave...

So I'm not.

I've decided to move here. Just kidding.

Actually, I'm staying one extra night. No reason to drive back this afternoon (LOTS of fun... a 7 hour car ride - GREAT!), so instead I'm leaving tomorrow morning after Ashley and I go for a quick run.

Camp has been great, a real life chaning experience for me. I feel so honored that I was invited to play/train/have fun with these incredible women. They are all amazing in their own way.

No - there were no tears on the hills, no crying during the climbing. No tears, only laughter. But now as I write, as everyone else is hurrying around, getting ready to pack and depart, I find myself getting really sad. Camp was great - and while I didn't cry (much) during the training, I'll be incredibly sad to see everyone depart.

It's been awesome.

It's been amazing.

And I want to do it all over again.

To: Jen, Liz, Leslie, Mary, and Ashley - you guys rock. Love you all and I had a great weekend. Thanks for sharing, for keeping me in check, for pushing me, and for making me stronger. Had a great time with you all, and can't wait to do it again.

And now - the pool awaits. Long Course Meters.... And somewhere Jen H is getting fired up, ready to hop in and take us along for another million meters. Anyone who cares to join us... hop in.

(If you dare). HTFU to all!

6 comments:

Pedergraham said...

Have a great swim. Your post brought tears to my eyes and I'm so glad that you had a great, great, great weekend.

P.S. I am glad that you are waiting until tomorrow to do the drive. (Sorry--it's just the mom in ne!)
-Danielle

BreeWee said...

WAY to go Marit! I am hearing some GREAT things about you and your strength, dive, and motivation! I think you should have a HUGE mental confidence booster to take into this season and Arizona!! Sooooo.... are we going to see you getting a pro card anytime soon??? So stoked for you!

Beth said...

Glad the weekend was so awesome for you guys and you had such a great time! Sounds like it went much beyond just the training aspect of it! Hope the swim workout went well and that your drive home tomorrow isn't too bad!

Kellye Mills said...

Have a safe trip home and a good night's sleep!! Great Job Marit!

Sally said...

Marit, I'm sending you a big hug for your wonderful blog updates and for motivating me through your hard work and determination. Way to Go Marit! Sally

Anonymous said...

There's no crying at HTFU camp! No crying!

that's great you had an awesome time there and put some tough training into the bank. No doubt IMAZ will be a spending-spree!

yes, i'm jealous. about the 50 meter pool and the warmish mountains that don't have 10 feet of snow on them.

hope the drive home goes well, and i'm sure Nathaniel and Tabbitha will be happy you're back!